We all know that regular exercise can do wonders for our bodies. But exercising doesn’t mean that you should start doing any random exercise out there. Before setting your fitness routine, you not only have to set your goal but also know the benefits of the exercises that you are going to do.
Pilates is one of the forms of workouts that has increasingly become popular in recent times. More and more people are incorporating it into their daily fitness routines. It provides you with a new and refreshing way to work out, different from your regular old exercises.
Pilates is a highly versatile form of workout that can be done in a gym or a studio with the help of minimum equipment. It holds the power to provide you with a new perspective when it comes to looking at your body and how it moves.
SO HOW DOES IT WORK?
Pilates is a low-impact form of exercise that focuses mainly on building core strength, strengthening muscles, and improving flexibility of the body. Pilates sessions can range from anywhere between 45minutes to an hour and may include minimum equipment. The movements that are involved in this form of workout are slower and more conscious when compared to other forms of workouts. You are more aware of the movements happening while doing the workout, your breathing pattern, the tension in your muscles, etc.
But before you go to your first Pilates class, you should keep in mind a few tips that will help you ease into the workout.
- Equipment : Pilates workouts consist of Mat or Equipment Pilates, which means that you will be doing your workout either on a Mat or on special Pilates equipment, such as the Reformer, the Wunda Chair, the MOTR, the Cadillac or the Bodhi. The most popular piece of Pilates equipment is the reformer. A reformer is a machine consisting of a sliding platform, a few springs and pulleys, and even though it might sound complicated, it’s actually really fun!
- A renewed approach to exercise : Pilates is not about intense sessions at the end of which you are left sweating profusely. In contrast, it is more focused on building strength and flexibility through conscious movements that are directed towards the right group of muscles. In addition to this, it also focuses on aspects such as movement and control of breathing.
- Repetition : At the beginner level, Pilates consists of a high number of reps in order to acclimate one to the various delicate movements involved. These repetitions also help you build strength over time.
- After the workout : The soreness that you get after doing Pilates is different from what you might get otherwise. As you discover the different muscle sets in your body, you will become more aware of which part pains more, and which part needs more work. The soreness after the workout simply means that your muscles are being challenged and you are going in the right direction.
- The Outfit : Wearing the proper outfit is highly essential in order to have a comfortable workout session. A body-fitting attire is considered the best as it brings out your posture and better helps the instructor to manage your movements.
- Avoid Working Out too Much : We know that you might be all excited and pumped up, but you have to remember to give your body proper rest as well. The better your body recovers from a workout session, the better in shape it will be for the next one.
- As a side routine : What’s great about Pilates is that it can work equally well as a side routine. So you can easily combine it with your existing workouts to have a well-balanced workout session.
- Avoiding the injuries : If you are a beginner, you will have to be careful not to sustain any injuries while doing Pilates. Since you may have to use equipment such as a reformer, it is important that you pay attention to your instructor and follow their advice properly.
PILATES CLASSES IN DUBAI
The PAD Fitness offers some of the best Pilates classes in Dubai. As the leading studio of Pilates in Dubai, we have experienced fitness instructors who can ease you out on your journey to wellness using Pilates.