Most of the employees in the UAE often feel lethargic while working. They work excessive hours, sit on their phones, laptops, and tablets all day long and lead sedentary lifestyles making them susceptible to diseases that’s why corporate wellness plays a major role in today’s hectic work environment.
Having a good employee health program for their employees is therefore crucial for an organisation.
The key benefits of having a well-developed employee health program include:-
- Increased Productivity. Research shows that employees who are physically fit have better job performance and are less likely to make mistakes. They also tend to be happier and more productive in the workplace, which helps foster a positive work environment.
- Better Customer Service. A healthy workforce means fewer sick days, thus fewer absences from work, which means lower costs for your business.
- Improved Morale. An effective employee health program can support you in building a team of happy, healthy employees who are more engaged in their work, which ultimately leads to higher productivity and higher customer satisfaction.
Up next, we look at the best employee wellness program ideas embraced by companies in UAE
#1 Reward Healthy Behaviors
Employers who want to improve employee wellness should reward healthy behaviors. This is a great way to encourage employees to make better lifestyle choices, such as eating a healthy diet and exercising regularly.
For example, your company could offer an annual wellness award for employees who commit to eating well and exercising regularly. Or if you have a fitness program, you could make it part of the regular schedule. By rewarding healthy behaviors, you can help your employees stay motivated while making healthier choices.
#2 Gift A Wellness Experience
You can also give the gift of wellness by offering to take your employees on a corporate wellness experience somewhere in the UAE. The perfect place would be Dubai, where there are many things to do and see. With this gift, you can help them get away from the office, which will help them relax and de-stress after a long day at work.
There are many ways you could go about doing this:
- Treat them to a spa retreat or beauty treatment at one of Dubai’s many spas. You can find one that offers everything from massages to facials, manicures, and pedicures, as well as other beauty treatments like waxing or skin peeling.
- Take them out for a fun day at sea with some snorkelling gear! This will allow them to relax while looking at colorful fish swimming around them in crystal clear waters. If you want something more adventurous, try parasailing or jet skiing — both are thrilling experiences that will leave them feeling rejuvenated and energized afterward!
#3 Incentivize A Fitness Challenge Through Social Recognition
With the help of social media and a fitness challenge, you can motivate your employees to take up a healthier lifestyle. A social recognition program is an effective way to encourage employees to do more than just exercise. In this case, the company will post pictures on Facebook and Instagram that feature employees who have succeeded in completing their challenges. This will serve as an incentive for other employees to follow suit and push themselves for similar achievements.
#4 Send An Employee Wellbeing Survey
Sending an employee wellbeing survey to employees is a great way to get them involved in the process and show them you care about their wellbeing. It also allows you to gather data on the impact of your program.
If you’re looking for a way to raise awareness about the importance of employee well-being and mental health, then sending an employee well-being survey is a great way to do so.
The survey should be kept short and easy to answer. It should also include questions on how much time employees spend at work each week, as well as what they find most rewarding about their job.
Make sure you ask open-ended questions so that employees feel comfortable sharing their thoughts and experiences with you.
#5 Team Scavenger Hunt
A team scavenger hunt is an engaging and interactive way to get your employees active and healthy. It’s an easy way to motivate your employees, who will be more likely to walk and exercise regularly. A team scavenger hunt can also be used as a competition between teams or departments. This can help create a sense of unity among the group, which can help with overall employee engagement.
The team will have a list of things to do and locations they need to visit to complete their mission. The team will be divided into groups with one person leading each group.
Each group will have a different scavenger hunt that they need to accomplish, such as collecting 10 items from local vendors, visiting 10 landmarks, or playing 10 games at a local park. Once all of the teams have finished their missions, they can participate in a final competition where everyone shares what they learned and why it’s important to stay healthy.
To Wrap Up
If you are in the process of developing a wellness program for your company and it has been a hard task for you to find the best ideas, then this article will be helpful. This article highlights the top 5 employee wellness program ideas that will help you live better by way of helping others. Although there are many health-related things, like employee health insurance, annual physical check-ups, flu shot clinics & cardiac rehab programs that aim to help people achieve wellness, this article focuses on other employee wellness program ideas.