One of the most widespread issues that women face with passing age is back pain, specifically lower back pain. Most of the women encounter this in their late thirties and it can get worse if left untreated.
Since lower back pain can become a hindrance to proper everyday movement, it is important to treat it as soon as possible. But before we go on to treat something or find its cure, we need to understand the cause of it.
SO LET’S UNDERSTAND WHAT EXACTLY CAUSES LOWER BACK PAIN IN WOMEN
1. Broader pelvises: Biologically, women have a larger pelvic area than men as they are meant to bear the added weight while being pregnant. This also means that women have a greater anterior tilt of the pelvis which supports childbearing. But this anterior tilt of the pelvis can ultimately be the source of many problems, the prominent among which is lower back pain.
2. Pregnancy: Pregnancy is perhaps the most common cause of lower back pain in women. Women have to carry around 7 to 10 kgs of extra weight for 9 months, which is bound to cause some issues. This back pain mostly starts showing from the fifth month onwards and can last post-pregnancy too.
3. Social Media Influence: In this day and age, it is hard not to be affected by social media. These platforms have affected the way we perceive our bodies. Plagued by unrealistic beauty standards, girls want their booties to look big and their bellies to look flat. One way to do this is by sticking out the bum while posing for photos. This can slowly turn into a cause of a lot of back problems!!
4. Post-pregnancy baby love: While during pregnancy a woman has to carry a child inside her, post-pregnancy she has to carry the child outside, which is no less demanding. Babies take up most of the attention of a mother, leaving her with little energy and time to look after her own body. In addition to this, she has to carry the baby everywhere, usually in one arm, which can induce great stress on the lower back.
5. Straining Ligaments: Women can have lower back pain due to strained ligaments too. This is generally caused due to lifting heavy objects with bad posture, which happens when women are not used to weight training.. Hence, muscle strain is an important factor that needs to be considered while devising exercises of lower back pain.
BEST PILATES IN DUBAI
Pilates is one form of exercise for lower back pain that has been recommended by doctors around the world for getting rid of chronic pain. If you want to start pilates, then you need the guidance of the very best.
The PAD Fitness is one of the best pilates studios in Dubai. We at The PAD Fitness, have trainers who understand that lower back pain can be a menace in the long run. Hence, our well-designed plans are meant to make you feel at ease and get rid of that niggling pain in your back quickly and sustainably.
If you wish to know further about our programs and services, you can just call us at 04-2941745. You can also check out our Instagram page to get an idea of what all we have on offer.